I John 5:13: "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
2. Nothing we can do can accomplish this task.
Ephesians 2:8-9: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Titus 3:4-5: "But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us..."
3. How do I accept Christ?
- Recognize I am a sinner. Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" and Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" .
- Recognize that because of my sin, I am eternally separated from God. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." and Revelation 20:14-15: "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Hell is not a fictional place. Many people do not like to talk about it. But God never prepared it for us, it is our eternal destination unless we do the following. Keep reading.
- Recognize it was Christ's death, burial and resurrection that made a way for me to escape my sin and hell. John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." , John 14:6: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." , Romans 10:9-10: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
- Tell God you are sorry for your sin, that you know that Jesus is the only way to Heaven and you accept His payment alone for your sins. Romans 10:13: "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
- Be baptized.
- Join a Bible-believing church. I recommend an Independent Baptist church where God's Word, the Bible, is the sole authority on what takes place in the church. I also recommend attending a church that uses the King James Version of the Bible.
- Read God's Word everyday. Again, I would suggest the King James Bible. Some say it is harder to understand, but as a Christian you will have the Holy Spirit to help you understand it. What you don't understand today, you may understand someday. My pastor always says that things worth doing are hard. And understanding God's Word is hard and worth doing.
- Pray. You may not understand how to at first. Just talk to Him. That is all that prayer really is. He will help you to know what to say.
- Tell others. Do you know somebody who has no idea how to get to Heaven? Share your news with them. They may not believe at first. They may not understand right away. Did you? God's Holy Spirit that is now living within you, will be working on them. He can't live in them yet, until they accept Christ, but He can still work on convicting them of their sin, and showing them the only way to God. Pray for their salvation, as someone probably prayed for yours.